An automatic battery charger is a neccesity for owners of vehicle who do not use their vehicles on a regular basis. Automatic battery chargers have the capability of recharging and maintaining a battery charged up to the normal battery voltage.
There are many battery chargers available to buy and I would just like to mention a few guidelines when purchasing one.
Choose the correct battery charger, some chargers will not recharge all types of batteries including the Odyssey and Optima battery, these battery are constructed using a absorb glass mat technology. Check the battery charger to see if it is fully automatic and to see if when the battery reaches its normal voltage that the charger switches to a float mode, this is a very critical feature, because if the chargers does not have that feature it will continually keep charging the battery and eventually the battery will fail due to overcharging. Check the amp rating of the charger, normally if it is trickle charger type it will not have the capability of supplying high amp charge. It is best to buy a charger which produces less than ten amps maximum. Buy a charger that can be left on the battery for long periods of time twenty-four hours a day, seven day a week, this is the best type to buy because you never have to worry about removing the battery charger and your battery will always be ready for use when needed.
At the bottom of this page you can see samples of battery chargers we offer that will have all the above mentioned features.
• Constructed to protect its circuitry from reverse polarity, short circuit, A/C surge, over-voltage and over-current
• All models are CSA and UL approved
• Soft start and stop eliminates sudden current rush, protecting both the battery and other circuits in the vehicle
• Automatic cut-off and then true float. They will not overcharge the battery. Super Charger electronically monitors battery voltage and shuts off when voltage reading indicates battery is fully charged and then converts to “True Float Mode” and maintains the fully charged battery. The battery can be left connected for weeks, months, or even years without harm, while maintaining a full charge.
• Simple, easy to understand LED. Red for charging, green for fully charged.
• Automatically adjusts voltage when temperature is over 75 degrees F.
• Life span rate of 30,000 plus power-on-hours.
• Will not generate excessive radiated or conducted emissions (EMI).
• Fully Automatic. Reduce sulphation during the charging cycle thus prolonging battery life
• Lightweight & Compact.
• Suitable for all 12 Volt Batteries including Gel Cell, Dry Cell, ODYSSEY and OPTIMA
Comes complete with Alligator Clips and Ring Terminals (7 amp also includes brackets for on board mounting)
100% REPLACEMENT LIFETIME WARRANTY
Fully automatic - for charging and maintenance
There is no need for any specific knowledge of batteries or their charging methods; the MULTI US 3300 will take care it. Once switched to the preferred mode, the charger takes its own readings and then begins to charge the battery. Once it is finished charging, it will automatically switch to its maintenance phase - CTEK's patented pulse charging - arguably the most caring mode for a battery connected for a long time. Simply connect it to solve most battery problems from the past.
Flexible for different battery needs
The MULTI US 3300 is specifically developed for different needs, vehicles and batteries. There is a choice between three different modes. The low current mode (the motorcycle icon) is perfect for smaller 12V batteries such as motorbikes, lawn mowers, jet skies, snowmobiles, etc. The higher current mode (the car icon) is for automotive or marine applications with larger batteries. Finally, an additional winter mode (the snowflake) is specifically aimed at charging and maintenance in cold weather. It is also perfectly suited for Odyssey and Optima Red Top batteries.
Patented desulphation function
Unused batteries lose their power and their life is shortened through sulphation. It is also more difficult to charge sulfated batteries. The MULTI US 3300 has a patented method for reconditioning sulfated batteries. The charger analyzes the state of the battery and, if possible, recovers the battery and its power.
Compatible with other electronic equipment
Most vehicles today are equipped with sensitive electronic systems. Unlike less-sophisticated chargers, there is no need to disconnect the battery; the MULTI US 3300 is specially designed to not damage electronic systems.
Made for all weather conditions and situations
The MULTI US 3300 is prepared to charge and maintain, no matter the weather, temperature or situation. The MULTI US 3300 is extremely robust and water and dust resistant (IP65 classification). The MULTI US 3300 is certified for use between -4°F and +122°F. In order to make things easier and more convenient, the Comfort Connect (eyelet terminals) can be permanently connected to the vehicle's battery.